Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Need Your Help! Adult Birthday Party Designs

Creating invitation designs for kids is always a blast and so easy.  Boys like trucks and superheroes and Girls like tea parties and dressing up.  But when it comes to adult invite designs I find myself stumped.  Especially designing for women.  So today I want to brainstorm with my readers and find some designs that will really work my clients.

I recently ran a post on facebook and had a fabulous response to my men's designs.  Two of my photog friends provided not only fabulous ideas but also images that I could use to create the ideas.  One of my friends also came up with the idea of classic cars.  This one has always been hard for me because most men want their own classic car in the illustration. (something I can do but really ups the cost) But the more I thought about it all I have to do is pick a few classics and we can always adjust the colors.  This way I am able to get to some of them.  So now I have two new invite design ideas but I need so many more!!!  What are your ideas for a perfect guy's birthday party invite?

Now the hardest one, women's designs.  One of my favorite ideas from facebook was Old Hollywood! That one came from my client Kimberly.  Some of the other ideas were great but I already have designs created around those ideas.  So what I am looking for is what would be your perfect birthday party invitation? I want to know what would you be wearing? Would you be sipping on a cocktail or how would you be posed? What colors would you use? What would you have in the background?

Send me your ideas!  The best idea will win a $25 Gift Certificate!  To win please "follow" my blog and post your ideas in the comment field under this post!

13 comments:

Missy said...

wouldn't choose one where someone was drinking because I don't drink. You could do a "fashionista" one, where she is holding a bunch of shopping bags and there is a mall in the background. Or one where she is trying on shoes at the store and there is a bunch of shoes laying around, or one sitting at a vanity mirror doing her nails or hair and having a bunch of makeup sitting out. Or you could have one of her talking on the phone and cooking supper and a kid tugging on her dress, the theme could be around taking the day off for her birthday. Or how about the classic, she could be making her own birthday cake? Don't most women have to make their own? Those are ones just off the top of my head. I hope they help! Oh and don't forget the classic June Cleaver look wearing an apron, dress, heals, and vacuuming!

Wedding Coordinator, Candy Buffets said...

How about a scrapbooking style invite? I love scrapbooking! You could have the letters done like stickers, and a photo in a paper scrapbooking photo frame, with some birthday stickers around it.

A fabric style paper with stitching for those who sew.

For the working woman, have a lady in a suit with her hair awry carrying groceries, a briefcase, and some laundry.

Lauren Borquez said...

On the sofa in cute fuzzy pink slippers and pjs reading and eating ice cream/cake ...fun relaxing birthday :)

Temma said...

What about the old vintage look... with a women in a couture dress and maybe a red carpet in the background and old limo and a hotel.. or something of the kind like an old hollywood movie star.. or maybe even in an old flapper dress and outfit maybe for like a Halloween birthday have several halloween costumes on women.. a cleopatra one maybe even like a witch or vampire.. just a thought my birthday is around Halloween and if I celebrate I always do a Halloween thing.. since I love the idea of dressing up!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love Temma's Idea!

Please join us for FrenchGardenHouse's Belgian Linen GIVEAWAY!~Lidy

Kim said...

Your work is AMAZING! Wow!

Traveling Thrifter said...

Love what you do ! I'm visiting from tater tots and jello

Jill said...

Popped over from Tatertots and Jello! I think for adults the colors used would have a big impact on making it more "adult." Darker/deeper colors. As for designs, 1950s pin ups are pretty big right now. I'd love that as an invite and would probably go so far as to do it as a theme! :)

Jill said...

Whoops, just saw your pin up section, but i was thinking some with a little more clothes (that you'd let your mom see) like shorty jean shorts and a belly baring tied in the front plaid shirt leaning against a classic car.

Kathy said...

Hi - wanted to enter the drawing for the package at tattertots and jello. Beautiful work!

Tania on the Hill said...

WOW, YOU ARE REALLY TALENTED, COMING FORM TATERTOTS.

superqthillatgmnaildotcom

Lynn Osborne said...

I would say a scene where women are shopping, cooking, or talking with other women. Your stationary is very cool.

AliLilly said...

if it were for me I would want beautiful beachy stuff, or romantic vintage, or hot girly rocker chic!! hahah I know I know...it all depends on my mood!! OH I'm your newest follower! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com