Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creating the Perfect Alice in Wonderland Tea Party

The process has only begun there is so much to do I must not be late! The creation of my Alice in Wonderland themed invites couldn't have come at a better time.  My husband's niece Madysen is turning 7.  She has asked some of her closest friends to attend a fabulous tea party at my house.  There are still some items I have yet to design like the favor tags, food tags, thank you cards and banner.  In the meantime I have been creating and purchasing items to create the scene.
I am borrowing the dark green topiaries from my best friend.  The yellow soup tureen was a steal for $8 at a local thrift shop.  The tea cups and sugar bowl totalled about $6 for a couple different thrift shops.  After taking this photo I also realized I have some tea cups and saucers from a set from my husband's family.  Yeah!!  The bright green topiary is sitting on a vase I turned upside down.  This was a $.50 find.  The topiary I made myself.  Those instructions will be coming soon!  I added the red and white roses that remind me of the roses the cards were painting by the Queen of Hearts.  I have one more for sure to make.

I am in love with making cake pops.  But I might have a past client of mine try her hand at them.  I want them to look just like the clock (pocket watch) the rabbit runs around with.  I also plan on having cupcakes.  The design for those is still to be determined.  The menu is also up in the air.  Tea of course but more than likely raspberry iced tea.  I'm thinking of doing pbj sandwiches cut into simple shapes.

As for activities I will be having the girls make custom head bands. I will have different colors of fleece and felt for them to make flowers.  Just like the ones on the topiary.  Those will then be glued to the headbands.
Here are a few links of thinks I am thinking of adding to the party.  Don't worry more details will be coming soon!
Tea Cup Rings
Cupcake Toppers
Necklace
Mini Top Hat
Things on Sticks
Eat Me Cookies



No comments: