Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creating a Pirate Birthday Party

My dear client Carrissa came to me with her latest project recently.  Just over a year ago I created the cutest nautical baby shower invites for her shower.  Now her little Dean is going to be turning one soon!  Her party theme was to be pirates.  She sent me photos of Dean's bedding and his Halloween costume.  All of which were pirate related.  The proof I sent to Carrissa didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped.  But after a few of her fabulous ideas the final design was a hit!  I can't wait to see pictures of the party.

To set the stage for your party you have to first start with the invites.  They can help to determine the colors for the rest of the party.  You may consider doing cupcake toppers (example below) to match the party.  If you can get your hands on an old truck fill it with swords and tripoint pirate hats.  This will give the kids some amusement. For a cute favor a bag of chocolate coins.  For my parties I love to mix modern items with vintage pieces.  Check out your local thrift and antique stores for cheap items.  Wooden candlestick holders would be great down the table. Although I don't suggest lighting them for smaller kid parties.  A banner makes a great backdrop for the party as well.  And to welcome your guests a lawn sign.

Please feel free to comment on how you would decorate your Pirate Party!


3 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Those are great!

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy I discovered your blog:) Such cute party ideas. Looking forward to following you.
~Cindy
RetroRevivalBiz.blogspot.com

katherine said...

its looks like a wonderful birthday party blog...food,music,dance and some kids birthday party games are also necessary to make a birthday party memorable...